Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Wonderland







We put the new sled and shovel from the Haselbys to use today. Adam LOVES the sled, he would let us go all day around and around and around, if we could! That is tough work pulling him in a foot of snow. Norie wasn't much help either, she just wanted to play too, and really didn't like having a sled tied to her!
We were able to divert his attention from the sled when we pulled out his and Daddy's shovels. Like I have said before, monkey see monkey do! Once the drive was done, we went one more run around the yard, then back inside and into the inevitable tantrum. I think the main reason we stayed out so long and got every bit of snow and ice from the drive was because we wanted to postpone the meltdown... HAHAHAHAHA. I think it made it worse that we stayed out a bit longer, he was that much more tired! Won't we ever learn? This child loves that outdoors, and from what I have heard it was hard to get his Dad inside when he was a kid. I guess it only gets worse as at least I can still pick him up and bring him in. In a few more years, he just may be too fast and too heavy for me to do that!

1 comment: