Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What A Character

Apparently, Adam's farm animals were hungry and thirsty the other day at lunchtime, too. They helped him eat his lunch, and when they all got down, they helped themselves to a drink out of the dogs bowl. Which of course is better than the drink/swim they took in the toilet 2 days prior. THAT earned them a trip to the dishwasher!

When Bud gets up in the am or from a nap, it takes him a bit to fully wake up. He likes to cuddle up under a blanket and watch noggin for awhile. This is nice for Mom, I get to sit quietly too. For a tiny bit at least.

Adam is such a show off. He has been showing off for quite some time. Not sure exactly what he is doing, but needless to say...every night is bath night at our house and has been since about 3 months old!

He always has a smile for Momma. He is so sweet and innocent. And makes me feel so loved and needed the moment he looks at me. I am the luckiest mother in the world!

The cow and the sheep are sampling Adam's food. My very tall, very curious child can now open the fridge and choose what he wants when he wants it. This was at breakfast time, and as I was making his toast I caught him walking around with a Chinese takeout box full of leftover chicken. Sooo, he and the farm animals had cold chicken nuggets and toast.
While reading up on the workings of the toddler I have yet to come to imaginative play. At least for his age group. He plays as though he were 2 years older, and his attention span is quite long for a 16 monther. He will watch an entire Disney movie, laugh at the appropriate parts and scream at the others, and sit through book after book. Don't mean to brag, but HOLY MOLY what a kid we have. Hope he didn't get it all and the others to come after him are left with nothing!

Since his snow boots came in the mail, he has barely taken them off. It took him a bit to get the hang of them, but once he did he was a pro. I looked and looked for boots and snow pants in his sizes. I found boots in several places, but none that actually looked waterproof or warm for than matter. But the pants, I could not find anywhere, even my go to Ebay had none in his size! Finally found some at Land's End, and a week and a pretty penny later they both showed up on our doorstep! We get quite a few packages, I have a bit of a shopping problem, so when the doorbell rings more times than not it is the UPS/FedEx man and a box or package is waiting. Bud LOVES to open these packages! A lot of times they are for him, and he knows it! So when these came he was excited to try them on, and leave them on. I got 3T pants thinking they would last us a couple of years, we would roll them up. Wrong, I barely have to roll the bottoms!

Story time has been our special time since Adam was able to sit in our laps and look at the pages. We wanted him to enjoy books and reading when he was older so we started that early. Adam has too many books to count, about anything you can imagine a toddler reading about. But he brings us the same 4 or 5 books every time. We have put them in with the others and mixed them up so many times, and he just pulls every one of them out to find the ones we hid. Among those titles are "Old MacDonald's Farm, My First Counting Book, Little Red Riding Hood, The Pokey Puppy, and My Big Book of Animals". Every once in awhile we will get a surprise, but not often!

Adam thinks it is hilarious when I take the sheets off of his bed. He puts his arms in there and pats the mattress, and tries to climb in there to lay on it. As you can see, the mattress is at its lowest and has been since about 7 months when he was pulling himself up. It isn't even attached to the frame as we could get it just a bit lower if we just laid it on there.

Adam go this tent and tunnel for Christmas. He loves to hide in there with his animals and books. Of whatever the toy of the moment is. We often hear the pitterpat of little feet in the tent through the monitor when we have put Bud to bed or we are all downstairs. The cats have really taken a liking to it!

2 comments:

  1. Time for a Toddler Bed Mom! Then I'll know I'm not the only mother in America getting up 2-3 times a night to put their bambino back to bed :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way Aunt Car, I need my beauty sleep and I want to keep the animal caged for a few more months! Maybe even until we actually need that crib for someone else!

    ReplyDelete