Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bye Bye Old Friend


This past week we said "goodbye" to the high chair. This was a bittersweet moment for me... Bitter in that my baby has graduated to a booster seat looking more and more like a little boy than a baby, and Sweet in that I HATED that highchair! It was so very generous of our families to get us this chair as it was the one we absolutely wanted. But after using it... we quickly regretted that decision!
But, enough about the highchair and on to the little man. He has done so well in the booster. He likes to be at the table with us, using his plates and utensils. He has gotten the hang of the fork and spoon, and since I got some plates with the grippers on the bottoms, he is able to scoop the food without pushing the plate off the table! When he was just born my Aunt Julie got him this place mat, and I remember thinking we would never be at that age to where he could use it. But that day has come, and all too quickly!
Way to go big boy, you never cease to amaze me. And everyday I think I could not possibly love you more, until the next day comes and I realize that I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment