Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let Freedom Ring



Dancing in the street!

Dancing with "Carrrr" Adam would periodically do a roll call throughout the evening. He went through all of our names just to make sure we were all still there. It was quite cute.

When Brocky and I first started talking about our future life together, like 12 or 13 years ago, never could we have imagined having a child like Adam. A blond haired, blue eyed, hilarious, rambunctious, intelligent sweetheart. Many things have gotten us to this place in our lives, and we thank God everyday for everything we have.
Adam wore his neon glowing necklace and bracelets until we got home after the fireworks. And at 11:30 at night this little sweetie was still dancing!

Looking out at all of the boats on the resevoir. I have seem Lakes Shafer and Freeman pretty packed on the 4th of July, but I was thoroughly impressed by the number and the caliber of boats on Geist!

Resting up for the fireworks. Adam and Lainey brought all of her library books to Daddy while the rest of us watched Anchor Man.


We stuck with our tradition and spent the 4th with the Hepler Family. Aunt Car, Brocky and I have been together every 4th for so long I can't remember not being with them. We went to Geist Reservoir this year to the bridge party. When we finally got to the bridge Aunt Car asked if there was a weight limit. I thought it was a great question as there were thousands of people and on the bridge. Uncle Josh set us straight of course and we headed down.
The DJ was awesome, when he wasn't talking, and the show was synchronized to the music. The kids played and danced and looked out at, you guessed it... the water. Adam threw a mini fit when we told him no he could not get on the boats, but all that was forgotten when Aunt Car started dancing. We had a nice breeze coming off the lake so we were completely comfortable watching the fireworks.

No comments: