It was a bright and sunny spring day and the Haselby men decided that the grass needed cut. But oh no, not all of the grass... just certain patches.
So father and son get their respective mowers out for the first time this season and begin the pre-mow maintenance.
The younger of the two decides to opt out of his riding mower for the more traditional push mower like his Dad's...
So father and son get their respective mowers out for the first time this season and begin the pre-mow maintenance.
The younger of the two decides to opt out of his riding mower for the more traditional push mower like his Dad's...
Son, " Look Ma, I am gonna use this one, I am big enough this year, and oh yeah, I can walk. So I'm gonna use this one... OK?"
In the end after a long discussion with their son, Ma and Dad finally got him to understand if you are not able to start it on your own, then you can't use it...He couldn't start it.
"I said watch out, I will run you over. My mower is just as big and tough as yours, and it ALWAYS works!"
In the end the father lets his son win and mow that last little patch of lush grass, giving his son the satisfaction and confidence to go up against those bigger and stronger than him. Hopefully. Hopefully not teaching him that everything is easy and he can get whatever he wants. Could go both ways...


No comments:
Post a Comment