Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting Ready For Bed


It took us a few tries once we added Jace to our bedtime routine, but we have finally mastered it! Baths are a breeze (now that Jacer Baby likes them), teeth cleaning is fun again, and cuddling up with a good book is the best part!




There was a time, only a few weeks again actually, that getting Adam to brush his teeth meant Mom and Dad had to get pretty creative. Basically he decided that he just didn't want to. That is his choice I suppose, but he had no real reason for it. Apparently it just wasn't very exciting anymore. I'm not sure why he has a different toothbrush for everyday of the week including 2 electric ones. Not to mention 3 types of toothpaste and his own little "cuppies". So after trying everything we could think of one night Daddy started brushing a dinosaur's teeth. That sparked some interest! So Bud brushed Dino's and Dad brushed Bud's. He is now back to brushing his own and Dino is left to fend for himself, although some nights Adam asks one of us to brush Dino's!





Little Brother is loving his baths nowadays. He loves the bath toys sure, but would rather chew on the washcloth instead. He is getting harder to contain in the baby tub as he is trying to roll out of it. That or sit up and since he is nearly sitting unsupported he is REALLY making me nervous in the tub!

I guess we will have to switch to the tub seat sooner than we did with Big Brother, I am just trying to hold onto these little baby things as long as I can...don't want to rush it!





Here it is...the quilt from Great Grandma Daily! Merna remembered from when we got Adam's twin bed me saying I was looking for a quilt to match his decor. I looked high and low for the perfect set and just wasn't having any luck with. I hadn't given up the search as I wasn't going to settle on something we weren't 100% happy with when Merna called me out of the blue and asked me if she could make one for Adam. We were floored by this idea as we LOVE handmade items, especially from family. It is that much more special from Great Grandma Daily. She really wanted to do this for Adam as she is sure that Grandma Linda would have done the same.

So right before Jace made his way into the world Merna, Adam and I (with my gigantic belly) braved the Christmas crowds and headed to Lafayette. We spent about 2 hours in the fabric store and came out with TONS of fabric. I do believe that this trip to the store (it didn't end there, we went to lunch and walked around the mall...crazy) was what helped me go into labor the next day! YAY!

Anyhow, we had a great time that day and subsequent days as we worked on the pattern and such. Poor Merna worked so hard and there was no actual pattern to go from! The end product is AMAZING complete with sham and bedskirt.

Thanks so much Great Grandma for the beautiful keepsake and the memories we made!


Jace likes to sit on Big Brother's bed.


Our two little angels sent directly from God!























No comments:

Post a Comment