Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Checking-In: Jace is 18 Months

(Our fearless little man loves to swim. He will play in any type of water.)

Jace Brody is a year and a half! What a wonderful year and a half it has been for our family. This little boy has brought so much excitement and joy to everyone who knows him and we are so excited for the years to come!
Jacer is 27 lbs 10 oz (88%) and 33.7 in long (88%). Our little blond haired, blue eyed boy is growing quite nicely both physically and intellectually and we love to get him out of bed each morning knowing that he will show us something new that day.
JB is a talker, that is for sure! He knows quite a few words and is starting to combine words to make small sentences. He knows his body parts (YAY) as well as his animal sounds. He is starting to potty train as he will let me know when his diaper is wet or dirty and bring me a clean one and lay down to be changed. Ummm, no. If you can do that little man, you can go on the potty!
Jacer loves books and we will often end up with all the books from his room on the living room floor. He can hum/sing a tune and we recognize it. Most of the time it is Twinkle Twinkle, but he does get the LMNOP part of his ABCs. And this one LOVES to dance!
His favorite toys right now are his tractors and brother's big red barn. Jace will sit and play for hours if he is left alone to do so (uh humm, Adam). He is starting to show interest in coloring and painting which I am not sure is due to the actual activity or the mess that it makes. He still loves any type of ball and can tell you what each ball is and show you what equipment is used (i.e. a bat for baseball, club for golf ball and so on). Jace can jump! The kid can really truly jump and he can get some serious air! I'm not real sure when it started or how he learned, or even the normal age they start that, but he can. And of course this one loves to swim as well. We recently traded his old (actually only worn twice) lifejacket for a new puddle jumper. I wasn't quite sold right away, but the first time I watched him jump off of the dock into 8 ft of water and paddle his way back to the ladder by himself, I knew we had made a great switch! He will now push our hands away if we are holding onto him or trying to guide him, he wants to "schwim" on his own. Actually, he wants to do everything on his own, and I am learning that that is just fine.
Jace has taught me to be more patient this past year and a half. And I'm not sure if it is because he is #2 that he has taught me to go with the flow more and to let things happen but I am. I am going with the flow, not always because I want to. Sometimes I think it is because he is going to get his way no matter what I want so why fight it and sometimes if I sit back and look at the situation he is right. My 1.5 year old is on to something. We are a very laid back family now a days and we can only get more so as little Sis is due in a couple of weeks. I am crazy excited to see how Jace does being a big brother because he is pretty awesome at being the little brother.
(Jacer had a run in with the slide at the play ground, hence the busted lip. The lemon he was sucking on must of stung a little bit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment