Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweet Ride, Bud







I don't recall when I learned to ride a bike. I don't recall how long I had training wheels, only that I had them. I am sure there was a time my mom walked behind my bike holding the seat while I shakily made my way down this very driveway begging her not to let go. I do remember that bike I would have been riding was a pink 2 wheeler with high handle bars my siblings and I used to call the swan. Watching Adam learn to ride his bike I was full of fear, pride, and anticipation. Fear that he may fall, pride knowing that if/when he falls I know he will try again, and anticipation of the day that we take those training wheels off and there are many many falls. I am happy that Brock is here to hold the back of that bike seat because not only does it tell Adam Dad is here  now, but always. Thanks to my Mom for letting me know then that you will always be there for me, it taught me that I need to let my babies know the same thing. It taught me to show them everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment