Adam turned 3 on the 25th! Wow how the time flies! We continued our tradition again this year and gave him his gifts from us in the morning (Christmas style) before all of the hoopla of his birthday really began. He was all amped up the night before that he had a hard time falling asleep. Because of this I was taking my sweet time getting things ready Sunday morning when all of the sudden the living room light flipped on as it always does when Bud is up before we are. Brock and I looked at eachother, possibly more excited about what was about to happen than Adam and hopped out of bed to stop him on the stairway. We made it. He helped Dad with the coffee and the Jacer and then...
This is what we saw as he came down the stairs. We were singing to him as he's walking down, he got a huge kick out of that.
He was kind of in shock at this point. He saw his bike and just stared at it with his mouth wide open, he wouldn't even move from this spot behind the chair! When he did finally move he was ecstatic. So happy we went with that one!
He jumped right on and started riding. Well, riding as good as he can. He has been practicing pedaling all summer, even took some lessons from Lainey. But he isn't quite there yet. Plus he doesn't have a helmet yet so it doesn't much matter. It's not going to take him long though, that we know for sure!
Big Boy is very happy with his bike. He hadn't actually asked for it, but we decided it was time. I cried as Dad put it together and I cried when I saw my baby sitting on it.
OK Adam Krintz fans, who does Bigg Time look like in the photo on the left? That's what I thought! He shook the box just like Uncle Adam used to do, and was super excited about what was inside!
We had a cold and windy day outside at the park, but (this is going to sound corny) inside our little pavilion it was warm and cozy. This is so because of all of the people that came out and celebrated with us. I am overwhelmed when I think about how many people love my boys, how lucky they are to have so many wonderful family members and friends. Thanks to all that came out, it was a wonderful time and won't soon be forgotten!
Well, we started out with Adam's 3 candles plus the ones to grow on. And because of the wind tunnel we were in we couldn't keep the damn things lit. So we switched to the big 3 candle and ended up with 5. 2 to grow on!
Kale helped keep Adam going. The amount of presents this kid had to open was insane! I am not kidding. So Kale would bring the next gift for him. When he came to the gift he brought he proceeded to tell Adam everything that was in the bag. Hence the photo to the left where his Mama is covering his mouth! But towards the end Adam's attention was waning fast and we just gave Kale his own gifts to unwrap for Bud. Thanks for helping Kale, not sure we'd have gotten through all of them!
The pinata is always a hit and Adam was adamant about having one at his party this year. He was even more adamant about going first!
Since the Wagner boys were all sick we recruited Kiersten to bust 'er open. We knew the little kids weren't really going to get the job done. It turns out that sucker was put together pretty good and Kier ended up just beating the tar out of it while it was laying on the ground. Way to go Kier!
Ahhh, the best for last. We had a little unexpected visitor. At one point I saw a little dog running around the pavilion. No worries, we're dog people. But the next minute I turn around and see this! Not what I needed to see and since it isburned into my head, you all get to have it in your head as well. And only a mind as twisted as my sister would take pictures of it! So here it is, Twisted Sister of mine, out there just for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment