As I look around me at any point in the day I realize that my life is absolutley the way I imagined it. I have built a life with the man of my dreams and brought two beautiful little boys into the world. As I look around I realize that I couldn't possibley imagine my life any different. So here is a glimpse, actually the tiniest of "peeks" into my "ordinary, everyday". Just the way I like it...
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where fish fly and float in breeze of an open window. Where they swim on the ceiling of my baby's room watching over him as he dreams. Where they are part of the family and both have the name Russell.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where we venture outside on most evenings to wait for the man of the house, the man of the hour...Dad. We wait while he changes his clothes and comes out to play until dinner is ready or dark comes. Sometimes we never know which will come first as we are often busy making out animals in the clouds or tracing the veins of a very interesting leaf. All while telling Daddy about our day or listening to the gossip from a small town bank.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where reading books is our favorite pastime. Where reading books is our doorway into new worlds of big red dogs, green eggs and ham and little llamas that miss their mamas. Where we have hundreds of books on our bookshelves with our names written in them, but we love to search the shelves at the library every Monday for new (or old as some of them are) ones. Many weeks coming home with 15+!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where a "hot" scotch board can often be seen on the driveway. Where said "hot" scotch board is often turned into a pirate ship or airplane when tossing rocks onto numbers gets old.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where cleaning out baby closets and drawers happens WAY too often. Where these baskets of outgrown clothes represent time for me. Times that we laughed and cried and spent together that can never be relived, only remembered. These outgrown clothes are a reminder for me that time doesn't stop or slow, kids only get bigger and older. They remind me to enjoy each day...and to always use Shout! because the next Haselby boy has to wear them!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where little boys are encouraged to help Dad. Where they are given their own hammer and tape measure to help fix and build. Where, when the task is done, they stand back with Dad and Mom and marvel at what came from all of the hard work and many different pieces. Where they help build bookshelves for little brother's room for all of his books and treasures.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where I have been given the honor of taking care of this incredible little boy. Where even though I have done it before, raising THIS little boy is all new to me! Every bath, every meal, every diaper changed. Every smile, every whimper is new coming from this little boy and it totally amazes me that I could have two completely different boys.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where pots and pans are not just for our family meals. Where pots and pans are for making magic potions and mud pies. Where they are not used for cooking at all, imaginary OR real. They are used to make "sweet rock N roll music". Yes, my ordinary, everyday is filled with all sorts of music and I am ecstatic that these boys seem to love music as much as I do. I am hoping that they got the musical talents of their Uncle Adam and Pa, not to mention Aunt Car and cousin Alyssa.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where our toys are our friends! Where Buzz Lightyear needs to use the highchair after Jacer gets out and Mom NEVER gets to sit in her chair when we are watching a movie. Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where the chalkboard is used daily for letters and numbers and drawing magical creatures and rainbows with pots of gold at the end of them. My ordinary, everyday revolves around playtime and naptime, not meetings and phone calls. It revolves around stories and trips to the park and "Babe's" (Abe's) for lunch dates with other moms and kids, not schedules and "drive time". I thank God, and my husband, everyday for the things my everyday revolves around! But I also thank God everyday for the things Brock's everyday revolves around for without him and HIS everyday I wouldn't get mine!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where fresh-baked, home-grown, and hand-made are our favorites. Where a mess can almost always be cleaned up (so have fun and let them help!), and little bodies can be washed. In my ordinary, everyday we can find the smile in any situtaion, even in a bowl of egg yolk. We love to pick our own veggies and a free ride does still exist in America!
Welcome to my ordianry, everyday where my kids are already believing that they can be or do anything their little hearts desire. At this point in my ordinary, everyday Adam is going to be "a champion", a cowboy, and a dinosaur. Jacer is an airplane!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where one little pair of Crocs gets it own resting place. No, it's not because they are some special pair. In my ordinary, everyday the dog doesn't chew up the shoes... the cat does!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where bathtime is all about fun! Where bathtime parades start right when little feet hit the water and with every bath Jace is able to reach more and more.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where there is a separate soap for little hands and a hook for each little towel. It may be a very long time that I see matching towels and have a clutter free sink in my ordianry, everyday.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where naps are taken picnic style... on the floor on a blanket all because our sheets were turned into a tent in the other room to hide us from the bears that live in the closet.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where the favorites button on the remote opens up a page with all of Adam's channels; Nick Jr, Sprout, Disney, The Hub, Animal Planet are among the most visited. And in my everyday there is no "too close to the TV". Try as we may to get him to back up, he always sneaks back up on us.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where my center piece changes with the days. Welcome to an everyday with hand made flowers in a sippy cup, paper airplanes, and pipecleaner monsters all lined up on a shelf, or a table, or a bathroom vanity.
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where I curse at this cabinet everytime I open it. I clean it out and organize it, then curse at it again the next time! In my ordinary, everyday there is never enough storage!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where a set of ordinary stairs become a treacherous mountain and a simple house cat becomes a 100 ft lion. Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where I have to remind my big boy that mountains are extremely dangerous to play on, particularly past the 3rd step and sometimes even the nicest of lions bite when they get too agitated!
Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where there is a race at the Haselby speedway every 30 min. Where said racetrack changes location and shape with each race due to giant monster babies! Welcome to my ordinary, everyday where we race just about anything, from cars and trucks to tractors and trains.
When I lay my head down at night and prepare myself for the next day the list of things that I need to do can be daunting. Being the only one here to care for the boys, the piles of laundry, and the floors that need mopped I have to constantly remind myself that many women have to do all of this and more as they work full time. I am also reminded of how lucky I am when I giving baths and hear the sound of dishes in the sink as my husband does the dishes, or the vaccuum is running while I am in my "hole" folding laundry. I am an extremely lucky woman in so many ways. And this tedious routine that I call my ordinary, everyday is just that...MY ordinary, everyday. And I love it!
love it!
ReplyDelete