Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Trimming The Tree


The artificial tree has made it one more year! As we started talking about going and picking out our perfect tree, it dawned on Brock and I that 1. We have an unruly two year old 2. I am 37 weeks pregnant and 3. Have a disaster area for a home and we need not bring another mess into our lives at this point in time. So out of storage came old faithful. This tree has been good to Brock and I for many years so we thought, what the heck! Next year Bud will really be into cutting his own down, and Jace will be old enough to lugged along for the ride. As in true Adam fashion he was a huge help from start to finish although with all of the home updates we have been doing that require power tools, we think he was a bit disappointed that the drill stayed in its case!


"Whoa Dad, that's a big tree."
The hanging of the ornaments went quite well. Since we only did one tree this year we pulled out all of Adam's ornaments (the many I passed along to him from my years of collecting, thanks Aunt Franny!) and let him have at it.

It seemed that his favorites were many of the same that I hold dear, it is so fun to pull them all out each year and remember what was going on when I got them!


Bud continues to include Jace in everything we do. He talks and sings to my belly, kisses baby brother nigh night, and shares his toys. He even shared some of the ornaments with him by way of putting them in my shirt!


Decided he needed to wear his "sock" around the house.


Loving our night lights!











1 comment:

  1. We'll take that old tree off your hands whenever you're ready to get rid of it! I love that tree!

    Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete