Thursday, February 11, 2010

How Do I Love Thee?


How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,—I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
by: Elizabeth Barrett Browning

These words truly describe how I feel about my husband. Many of you know that we met in high school some 13 years ago. Our first date was on Valentine's Day only a week after we met. I called him, unsure of whether he remembered our plans as they were made in haste, at a party no less! Sure enough he did and the rest is our history!
Through high school, college, and life we have stuck together. Endured the loss of so many loved ones, the loss of jobs, pregnancy, the birth of an amazing child, and everyday trials. In my eyes and the eyes of many we are soul mates. Lucky to have found each other at such a young age, able to grow into adults together, knowing each other better than we each know ourselves. I truly believe that this is a once in a lifetime love that not many get to experience. Even those that are married with children, or have been married for many many years.
I love you Brock "with my childhood's faith", like the unwavering love of a child. Without doubt, without trepidation, until the end of time. You and Adam are my sun, my moon. The lights of my life and I thank you from the very bottom of my very full heart.
Happy Valentine's Day!

~Linds~


No comments:

Post a Comment