
Biggs was helping Dad with the tree. We found about 10 times more "pine needles" on the floor this year than in years past. Thinking the rough handling by our helper may have contributed to that. This will be the last year for this tree as we will go back to cutting our own. Just thought going green and saving a tree for a few years was what we needed to do, to do our part for the environment! Good thing, too. I really do not think this tree will make it through this season "alive"!

Daddy thought it a good idea to give Mommy's star to our one year old. Probably the one and only way to sour Mommy's mood on tree trimming day!


Biggs was very good at hanging the ornaments. We are now patting ourselves on the back for putting the glass bulbs downstairs on the big tree and all of the fun, silly, and oh yes...plastic ones on Adam's tree in his room. Which, by the way, is the most decorated little tree I have ever seen. Every year for my birthday my Aunt Franny has gotten me an ornament, or 2 or 3! Adam has now inherited those that will not break. Add those to the ones Daddy had as a kid, and Adam's 10 "baby's first Christmas" ornaments, and you've got ornament overload. But that's why we like it!

The finished product in Adam's room. He is super proud of this little tree!

Showing Daddy where they go on HIS tree!

He has left the big tree downstairs alone for the most part. Until PJ gets under it and then it is all over!
This is the time of year that I wait for from December 26 on! There is so much about this season that I love, and am now seeing that Adam is enjoying it as well. The music, the lights, and most of all the story of Jesus' birth. I am not sure if it is just my voice lulling him or the Holy Spirit in him, but he will sit and listen as I read the stories leading up to Christ's birth. This is what Christmas is about, and we want him to love this major part of it, before the presents at least. See for us it is about being together, no matter what you are doing. Just having our loved ones around and remembering those we have lost. No gift is greater than our family! Brock and I both love to give. We love to see faces light up when surprises are opened. And LOVE the family time we get!
No comments:
Post a Comment