It kills us to spend most of our time inside. Some days it gets pretty difficult to come up with fun and exciting things to keep us occupied. Lucky for me, Adam has the attention span of a 30 year old and can stick to one task (if he enjoys it) for a good hour or so. So we do lots of crafts which really helps with the trips to the recycling center, we read, and sing and dance. And we love a good movie! Jacer just goes with the flow around here most of the time. He loves to wrestle with brother and dad, play in the pots and pans or Tupperware cabinets, and dig through the toy box to find treasures we have long forgotten. I am to the point where I can trust them to play in one of their bedrooms while I am working in another room, but if all of the sudden I am surrounded by silence I know something is awry!
We got several uses out of the pumpkins again this year. Since our first "jack" of 2011 disintegrated in the October heatwave we made a new one. Can't go wrong with paint and pipecleaners. Adam is very creative and often sees things that I don't. This time when I asked him what animal we could possibly make from this boring old pumpkin he replied with "a prairie dog". Well, Mama is not so good at prairie dogs and Bud had to settle for a cat.
"Jack The Cat" Very original I know.
Adam has a way of entertaining his little brother. It doesn't take much, that's true. And if you know Jace he is always smiling anyhow, but it turns into pure joy when Adam is near. This is a new little game they have started since Adam is now wanting his door shut and a sign made that reads "NO BABIES AWOUD!" Well, we haven't gotten to that little project yet, I told Adam as soon as he can write a few more letters I would help him with the sign. He is doing great writing his name, but that phrase has a few more letters than the 3 in ADAM!
Adam will stick his fingers out from under the door and you can hear a wonderfully infectious giggle coming from Jace. As JB gets louder so does Adam's squeals from behind that door. Brock and I literally stood quietly watching for about 7 minutes. It was heartwarming and comforting to see them play in such an innocent and totally content way. They are truly a couple of God's greatest creations!
I've tried hard lately to transition all of the toys to the boys' rooms or to the upstairs living room. Hoping to make the downstairs living room more of a grown up space. It was going great until Adam's birthday. After his birthday he wanted everything all at once. We did manage to get the big barn and farm equipment up to his room and they now play in there more than ever. Yay!
Big Baby is never far behind Big Brother. Most of the time Adam loves it having Jacer to play with. He often forgets that JB is a baby and not a boy his own age. It will be great fun to watch these guys as they get older. We can already tell they are like night and day. Jacer is very laid back and goes with flow. Adam is more serious, controlled, and likes things just so. Can you tell who takes after who?
I am often reminded of the words from a country song, "When tough little boys grow up to be dads, they turn into babies again." I love that and it is so true. Although I'd say Brock is more a big kid than a baby, you still get the gist! And it's that time of year again! My fave! The Great Big Toy Book is out and we have scoured it multiple times for the gifts we hope Santa will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment