Friday, October 8, 2010

~UPDATE~

This past week was a big one for us as far as doctor's visits. Adam had his 2 year visit and I had my 28.5 week visit!
Adam's went great. He has reached all of the 2 year milestones and several for 2.5. He is now 31 lbs (83%) and 37 in (99%). He is growing physically, mentally, and socially right on track. And Dr. Smith told Daddy yet again, that Adam should be in preschool at least one day a week. I didn't go to this visit as I worked the night before, so this one was all Dad. It seems to me that Dad and Dr. Smith had a long talk about Mom and the fact that it is I, not Adam who is not ready for preschool! I am going from now on! There were no shots for Bud this time around, he did get the nasal mist in lieu of a flu shot and Dad said he took it like a champ.
I, on the other hand DID get stuck with a needle as it was time for the yummy glucose testing for gestational diabetes. This was not a problem for me with my last pregnancy, and as small as I am, we are certain it will not be this time. I didn't gain any weight yet again at this visit and my total gain to date is 8 lbs. Jace is growing appropriately and moving WAY more than I remember big brother doing. Everyone keeps telling me that the second child is no where near the same as the first. I was hoping we would get a less rambunctious little man this time, but if his en utero activity is any indication he will be much more active than he very active big bro!
We are now going down to the doc every 2 weeks. At 29 weeks today, I am starting to feel tired again. Still not too hugry, but chasing Adam around all day keeps me pretty busy. Plus the child does not eat, therefore, I do not! But alas, all is well. We are all growing, getting bigger by the day, and all healthy as can be. This includes Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment