Sunday, October 18, 2009

Monkey Joe's




Everywhere we looked there were little girls, and they would not leave my son alone! It has begun!



Of course he stole the birthday girl's balloon! And Miss Lainey was not so sure of Monkey Joe when he first came in, but warmed up right away!



He knew exactly what to do, and didn't care that Mom or Dad had to follow. You know the older and bigger you get, the harder it gets to "moonwalk"!



What a great 3rd birthday party the Heplers had for Lainey. She is such a wonderful little girl and deserves the best of everything, and I think she got it last night!
We went to Monkey Joe's for the party. It is this indoor playground for kids, it is like a moonwalk world, if you will. There are tons of moonwalks for kids, and 2 for kids 2 and under. That is where we spent the majority of our time, that is until Biggs decided he was too big for them!
At first he was a little timid because of all of the kids in the 2 and under. He just sat and stared at them all for several minutes, we were starting to think that he wasn't going to move. But slowly he loosened up and got the hang of it. You know he is new to walking so the concept of "moonwalking" was hard to grasp. There is a technique to it, and when he finally got it was having a ball! Well, until a little girl decided that she liked Adam just a little too much and while Mom and Dad had their heads turned gave him his first kiss! I heard the MUAH sound and as we were turning back we got to witness the 2nd! As this little girl is going in for the third, I am screaming, yes actually screaming, at her to stop, no no, we don't kiss.... Then here comes her "big mama", and I am thinking OH S@*T, I am going to get into it here in front of all these people because I am screaming at this lady's kid for being a little harlot and kissing my kid... She apologized several times to me and Brock and all the while I just wanted to scream, HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF H1N1, DON'T YOU WATCH THE NEWS, READ THE PAPER? But I did not for several reasons.
1. Because I already embarrass the Hubbs enough with my germaphobia
and
2. My poor child will probably be scarred for life from the 12 short months he has lived with me, why add to that?!
Anywho we went back to having fun, but in the back of my mind I just wanted to take Adam into the bathroom and wash him from head to toe, but again, I restrained myself and tried to have a good time. I did tell my sis what happened and she proceeded to tell the rest of the party guests which was fine, of course, except that those from our side of the family understood why I was so appalled while the other side thought it was cute and funny. They are new to my anal-ness so I forgave them!
And we did have a great time, even after a kid told me that I was WAAAAY to big to be there! I just love kids.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you're absolutely gorgeous, and so is your fam!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete