Monday, July 6, 2009

The Glorious 4th







Well, The Glorious 4th was quite a wash. The rain and frigid temps put a huge damper on our boat day, Dad and Cory's annual fireworks display, and not too many outdoor games were played... it gets a little hard to throw beanbag sacks when they are soaked. But, the weekend was fun none the less with no thanks to the weather. We had great food, great company, and SkipBo...what a game.
We did make it out on Pap's boat on Friday for a very long ride to the dam. Afterwards Pap grilled out and Uncle Brocky, Grammy, and Uncle Josh helped Lainey make smores. While I was sitting at the table I noticed about 7 made and ready to go smores, however, Lainey kept poking "mallows" to make more. Not sure I even saw the little Bugger eat any.
We played cards and games ALL day on Saturday, and had our annual cookout. The Thompsons came and Adam got to spend some quality time with Aunt Claudie. As I was watching her with him, it brought back so many memories of growing up with her. She knows every song ever written, and quite a few of her own as well. She makes funny noises and faces, and I am so thankful that Adam gets to know her the way we did. Adam and Mom skipped out early as Mom was feeling a bit under the weather, and Big Time had had enough "fun". So we did miss the fireworks display, but were filled in on how they were the best yet by the clam when we got up the next morning.
We got to see the GGs for breakfast where Biggs ate his weight in strawberries while Dad played golf with Pa.
That's it in a nutshell. Nothing to fancy, just spending some much needed time with our family, couldn't ask for much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment