Monday, July 13, 2009

Coming Full Circle


2009/1985

Mommy and Uncle Adam posed for a picture on the steps of St. Joe's Catholic Church in Reynolds in 1985. Adam and his cousin Lainey did the same this past weekend at our second cousin, Ryan's, baptism.
This is quite an updated version of Mom's picture as Adam (named after his Uncle) is the one cheesing for the camera, as Mommy did all those years ago. And Lainey (named after her Aunt Lindsey Elaine, nickname was Laine when little) looking down, not at her new shoes like Uncle Adam was, but rather, over her new sunglasses!
Seeing pictures like that of my brother and I reminds me of all of the great times that I had with him and my sister. And while Adam and Laine are cousins we know they will have many memories of eachother like we all do.
I thank God everyday for the life I live. It is hard some days to do so until I think of my son and all that I have gone through to get to this place in life. And for all of the loss that we have endured as a family, we have been rewarded as well.
"...The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
blessed be the name of the LORD!" Job 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment