Brock and I took Adam to his very first Cubs game on May 20th. He was up with the sun and raring to go.
We parked and rode the bus to Wrigley and that may have been one of the highlights of Adam's trip. He was so intriguiged by the city bus! He even met a friend on our 20 block ride and was given these sweet stickers.
I know one of Brock's highlights was showing Adam the famous marquee. I think that on this trip its signifigance might have been lost on Adam, but I am confident that he will remmeber it years from now just like his Dad remembers it from years and years ago.
The little things like scanning his ticket and his first trip down to the field were a little hard for me. Adam is growing up so fast and the excitement on his little face was contagious for Brock and I.
Now, he is my child too. So we had a plan to eat our way through the game...and that we did. Adam knew exactly what he wanted to snack on from his first trip to the concessions to his last and from the vendors walking around in between. The first trip he got a hot dog and a giant piece of pizza, and a coke. We thought he was going to share, but like I said he is my child too. There was a fight to get even the smallest bite! There were several more trips for nachos, candy, frozen lemonade and lots of drinks. And I truly can't remember now what all he inhaled from the walking vendors. We were sure he would leave with a stomach ache, but on the bus ride back to the car he had decided he wanted chicken nuggets and french fries. Mmmmm.
It was a miserably hot day for May and Adam ditched the shirt pretty early on. He was still sporting his sticker and there were plenty of men with out shirts on so we thought it ok. And may I just add that Adam was the ONLY man that had any business taking off his shirt. YIKES. I guess it doesn't matter when you are full of yourself and several beers.
Big man got to run the bases at the end of the game. What a great opportunity for him and for Dad as this was his first time setting foot on that famous field as well.
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment