This winter we have made it to quite a few sporting events. The boys more than I, as I am unable to clean while Hurricane Jace is around so I opt out many nights. The boys have had a blast watching their cousins play and cheer, spending quality time with aunts and uncles and have acquired a couple new grandparents.
We celebrated Alyssa and the rest of the seniors at Senior night last week. While it is such an exciting time for her, we all felt just a little bit old. The first is off to college and before we know it, it will be one of our own that we are celebrating. In talking with her I remember my own excitement to get out into the world and carve my own place. I may be just as excited for her as she is herself as I know she will do great things!
These Haselby boys are not 100% Haselby I must say. They LOVE music. JB got down to the Pep band. He also got down with whatever candy was put in front of him. I am not above bribery to get my kids to sit still. And candy almost always works!
Jace does remind me most of a Haselby. He is very into rough and tumble play and is usually pretty into the games. We see this look alot from him. One of concentration that we also see from his Dad and uncles while at a sporting event.
Yes, they ARE Krintzs! They loved the Pep band and Sam did not disappoint! I was a little concerned with her getting into trouble, but I think when Mr. K realized who these boys were, he was OK with the scene. Adam reminds so many in the family of his Uncle Adam and at times like these it makes me miss him even more. I thank God he sent my Adam to us as a little reminder from day to day.
While Brocky is totally pushing football and basketball, I can only hold out hope that one of my kiddos opts to sit on the sidelines with a pair of drum sticks or a horn of some sort. Hey, a mom can dream! Even a Haselby mom!!!
The boys usually aren't into sitting for a photo at these things so this is the best we could come up with for Aunt Miss and Uncle Shaw. No matter, there are usually so many pictures taken when we are all together that one is bound to turn out.
So very proud of you Miss Alyssa!
No comments:
Post a Comment