Friday, January 20, 2012

Our Snow Buddies

 
As we headed out for our first romp in the snow for the year, we weren't sure how Jace would do. Adam, we knew would pick up right where he left off last year with snowmen, snowballs, and snow angels. He didn't disappoint. He had a blast as expected and we enjoyed watching him.
Jacer on the other hand had a little trouble finding his "snow legs". It couldn't have been all of the warm clothing he had on or the 3 sizes too big snowpants. As we were standing by the door, sweating our you know whats off and waiting for Daddy to get his gloves on JB fell over. It was the scene straight out of A Christmas Story where little Randy falls over and can't get up. Poor Jacer tried rolling side to side trying to get himself upright but to no avail. Daddy finally picked him up and that may have been Jace's breaking point. See after this he wasn't his usual happy self and while he did enjoy himself outside, I think his mood was spoiled!
Adam enjoyed the front yard as the snow had been untouched by humans or animals. He ate his weight in clean white snow and then showed baby brother how to make snow angels. Again, I don't think JB liked being on his back and not being able to get himself up. This didn't last long for the little one.
Daddy did show Jacer how yummy the white snow can be. His mood began to lighten when he was given this treat. The rest of our little adventure was quite pleasant.
We headed out back to ride around in the sled, but primarily to shut the whining dog up. Bruce can not stand not being in the middle of the action and if these kids are not close, he freaks out. Good and bad.
The boys found some icicles back there are enjoyed yet another cool treat. We threw the ball to Bruce for what seemed like 5 hours and then headed in. Jace finally found his footing in the snow and came around to rolling on the ground with his brother. The snow didn't last long and I can't decide if I am happy about that or sad. I know how much these kiddos like the snow, but Adam is BEGGING to go swimming. He has told me he doesn't care if the lake is frozen, we can cut a hole in the ice and he can swim in that. I am not holding my breath or anything, but I am soooo ready for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment