Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Brocky turned 29 on Aug 3rd! Poor guy had to work all day and his only request was for Great Grandma Evelyn's angel food cake. Now, I can do most things from scratch, but this was a fiasco let me tell you.
Of course I could not find the flour sift, I seem to remember a couple of very cute kids using it in Hell's Kitchen, and of course it wasn't returned to its home. I would have never guessed how important that sift would be! Granted Evelyn's recipe clearly says to sift three times, it was no fault of hers!
So after 2 hours of mixing, starting over, and giving up. Mom ran to the store and got Dad his 2nd choice, Strawberry. Finally when all of the mess was cleaned up, food processor, mixers, bowls and spoons put away, dinner made and eaten....Mom finds the flour sift!

No comments:

Post a Comment